Monday, March 14, 2011

Illustration Friday/Sketchbook Sunday - Stir

This week I am multi-tasking and combining my Sketchbook Sunday and Illustration Friday post. Illustration Friday's topic this week is stir. I was inspired by one of Baby Sprouts books, Foodie Baby, for this sketch. The whole idea of the book is to answer the question "what do foodie babies do?" So in the book they do things like "say cheese" and "browse in farmer's markets." I decided to add my own "what foodie babies do" (as I've explained in earlier posts that Baby Sprout definitely is a foodie baby) with this illo and caption:
Foodie babies help stir.


On Tuesday this past week, my illustrator's group met to do some life figure drawings. We hired the 12 year old granddaughter of one member as our model. She was beautiful, like drawing a baby racehorse, all long arms and long toes and big eyes. Here's a few of my favorites:




Finally I had to do this illo from Small Fry's spring concert. His class sang Going to the Zoo and they all had these crazy animal masks on their heads. Actually they weren't really animal masks... they were really insect masks. He was a spider. His teacher explained, slightly apologetically, that that's all they had a Target. "No biggie," I said, "there's spiders at the zoo." Fry stood next to his ... ahem.... friend, Anna which, I have to say, definitely seemed to contribute to his improved ability to focus and belt out the song. Almost like he was trying to impress someone...

7 comments:

Lu Azevedo said...

All your artwork is just fantastic! I love your characters!

Pencil Pocket said...

Beautiful work!

Brooke Boynton-Hughes said...

Your work is wonderful!

Hannah said...

Wonderful sketches :)

Ann Pilicer said...

Love all your sketches and work! Great job! Beautiful and very Happy illos! :D

Irene said...

Love the looseness of your drawings.

Giselle Vidal McMenamin said...

really neat drawings!